Hi, I’m Francesca Ranieri and I’m an official touristic guide for Venice. I married a researcher, Mario, and We have a wonderful child, Enrico. I was born in Sicily, I studied in Florence and since 2008 I live in Venice; I came for a few months but I’m in love with this unique city and I decided to not move!
I have a degree in Byzantine archeology, but I have other passions, such as reading and movies.
I speak fluent English and modern Greek and I’m learning French.
I love my city and when I do a tour that dream after all the love like me!
Together we will discover Venice and its wonders!
Learn about Venice having fun!
- Classical high school
- degree in medieval archeology
- Master in conservation and management of cultural heritage
- cashier Ikea
- Curator of the Byzantine Museum of Zakynthos
- Teacher in private schools
- guard room for the Curia of Venice
- Tour of cinema; Venice is the city’s first film festival in the world! Venice has always been the natural setting for many films, from ‚Othello” by Orson Welles to Casanova with Heat Ledger. With this tour, you will discover the sets that have made the history of cinema! Thanks to audio-visual media you will find inside all movie magic.
- Tour Venice on the 18th Century; during the 18th Century Venice was the city of fun and stylish living: discover all the charm of that world visiting Ca’ Rezzonico, a noble palazzo on the Grand Canal that houses an incredible collection of paintings, furniture and objects of the eighteenth century; to be followed by the eighteenth-century School of Carmini, with incredible stucco and paintings of the great artist Gian Battista Tiepolo.
- Daily life in Venice on the 18th Century; How did the Venetian nobles live before the end of the Republic? The best place to find out is to visit the Museum of the Foundation Querini Stampalia, where time seems to stand still, between furniture and contemporary portraits.
- Venice before Venice; visit to Torcello, the first settlement of the lagoon and now deserted island. Through the testimonies of passato_ the magnificent cathedral and the archaeological museum, we will discover the origins of life in the lagoon in the early centuries of the Middle Ages.
- Foreign Venice; The city of Venice was for centuries a crossroads of cultures and peoples, especially from the East. This trip will start from the lovely church of San Giorgio dei Greci, the largest Orthodox church in Western Europe, decorated with important post-Byzantine Greek painters; after there will be a visit to the nearby museum of icons, where we’ll be with this ancient art so different from the West. Finally we will go the School of San Giorgio degli Schiavoni (the ancient name of Dalmatians), which houses a series of paintings of incredible value of the painter Vittore Carpaccio, depicting the stories of Saints George, Jerome and Tryphon, the patron of the school, with a vitality and a unique attention to detail.